easyDNA offers legal DNA testing options for any client that needs their test results to be used in a court of law. Legal DNA paternity tests can be used to settle many family related legal matters, for example, child custody cases, child support cases, inheritance disputes and immigration applications.
Test results for your court DNA test will be sent to you initially by email within 5 to 7 working days and a hard copy (original) of all the documentation will follow around 10 days later, which will be signed and documented by a notary.
In order for a DNA test to be fully court admissible and defensible, the testing must follow a strict chain of custody procedure. However do not worry as we provide full instructions on how to perform your legal paternity test.
Step one: How to Order your legal DNA test
Go to our Order page, select and pay for your legal test. The cost of our legal paternity test is $695.00 (price excludes any fees charged by the sampler). Once your order is confirmed a legal DNA Kit will be specifically prepared and assigned to your case and dispatched to you within 3 working days. Our kit contains everything you will need for the test, including submission forms, sampling instructions and the sampling kits.
Step two: Book appointment with the Sampler
A legal DNA test requires that a neutral third party, usually a medical professional like a doctor or a nurse, to collect your DNA samples. They are known as Samplers and are responsible for verifying the identity of the parties being tested and their subsequent samples. You are responsible for making this appointment and paying any related fees.
Step three: Prepare all the necessary paperwork
Here is a list of what you will need to take to your Sampler’s appointment.
- Each person being tested must provide two passport size photos showing your full face and wearing no hat.
- Each person being tested must also provide one original ID document that can be checked to confirm identity when sampling (if possible we recommend you photocopy the ID and sign the back of it with your name, signature and date and enclose it with your samples) Example of ID documents accepted: Passport, Full Drivers License, National Identity Card with photo, Armed Forces ID card, Pass card issued by a Government Department or other photo ID.
- Certified copy of birth certificate for children tested.
- Sampling kit and submission forms as provided by easyDNA in your legal DNA Kit
Step four: Identification and DNA sample collection
At your appointment, your Sampler will collect DNA samples from all participants on oral swabs, which will be carefully dried and placed in the collection envelopes. He/She will seal and label each sample, ensuring that at no time during the process are the participants to come into contact with them, and send them directly back to our offices in the self addressed envelope provided in the testing kit.
The Sampler will endorse the passport-sized photos you have provided as follows:
- “I [Samplers Name] certify that this is a true likeness of ... [person’s name]”
- Samplers SIGNATURE
(For a visual guide on how your samples will be collected visit our sample collection guide page.)
If you only require your paternity test for information purposes then visit our New Zealand paternity testing main page.
If you are looking for a fully qualified and licensed Sampler, we recommend contacting Timothy McMichael at the www.thecounsellingpractice.co.nz/
Order your legal DNA test today!
You can order our test directly online through our secure gateway >>> Order Here
At easyDNA we offer legal DNA testing on all our relationship tests. For more information on our legal testing services or to discuss your case contact us.