Ever wonder where your Ancestors came from?
Have you ever thought about your ancestors? Where they came from? What they were like? I’m sure we all have from time to time, but never quite got down to doing any research. easyDNA offers you a wide range of DNA ancestry testing services, where with a simple DNA sample they will be able to not only trace the history of your ancestors, but also where they originated from, obtaining a record of their movements thousands of years ago! At easyDNA we have one of the largest databases of family history information and we just keep adding on more and more, so there is always something new to discover!
Why should I perform a DNA ancestry test?
There are several reasons:
- To increase your knowledge about the origins of your ancestors, going back thousands of years, not only for you but also for your children.
- In cases adoption this test could help you discover something about your origins, perhaos confirming information obtained through genealogy research.
- This amazing test could also be a unique gift! Imagine how remarkable and fascinating a gift like this would be for your friends or loved ones – a gift they would surely treasure for years and years.
What can our DNA test tell you?
Our ancestors have left an indelible mark on our DNA and certain regions on your DNA are known to code for ancestry, so thanks to our advanced laboratory analysis and extensive database we are able to give you matches with known anthropological groups and geographical regions where you most likely descend from.
Ancestry and haplogroups
It is interesting to know that approximately 70,000 years ago our ancestors started migrating out of Africa and travelled to Europe, America, Asia and other parts of the world, so by discovering your haplotype, you can be linked to your ancestral haplogroup. This will tell us all about your ancestors’ migration pattern, so due to haplogroups being linked to specific environmental locations, we can link your haplogroup with that of your ancestors.
Why not take advantage of the various DNA tests on offer?
Depending on what aspect of your genetic history you wish to discover more about, easyDNA offers three options for ancestry DNA testing. The first option looks at your DNA as a whole to determine your bio-geographic ancestral roots. The second and third options listed below focus on either your paternal or maternal ancestral lineage respectively.
- You could do the - Ancestral Origins Test: this test gives you a general picture of your ancestry by linking your DNA to certain geographical regions and studied anthropological groups. This is the one to go for if you know very little about your ancestry. People with no idea of their origins have often sought the answers provided by this test.
- Y-STR Paternal Lineage DNA Testing: want to learn more about the ancient paternal roots of your forefathers, many millennia ago? Then you should opt for a paternal lineage test. With this test you can actually trace your paternal ancestry, the origins and movements of your forefather. The patrilineal ancestry test is for keener, geneaology attuned individuals wishing to hone in on this aspect of their heritage.
- Maternal Lineage Testing: this test enables you to specifically locate the origins of your maternal ancestors. Find out where your maternal ancestors settled and the movements of your forbearers out of Africa and to the rest of the world.
Have we caught your interest? Why not order your test?
If you wish to go ahead with ancestry DNA testing you can go straight to our Order Page or alternatively you could contact us directly or else have us call you to discuss your ancestry DNA test requirements.
Genealogy and ancestry
Let’s look into Genealogy and go a little deeper into understanding the subject – it is, to say the least, fascinating.
Genealogy is a study of descents of families and people from an ancestor or ancestors. This subject is undertaken by many people who take an interest to their personal family origins. It could be a hobby for many, a hobby that is, to say the least, very satisfying – having said this, it is also a service undertaken professionally, not just to provide a commercial service helping out individuals with their research, but also with regard to legal and financial matters.
Family history was regarded on par with genealogy, but now it relates to biographical research into one’s ancestors – aiming to create an informative history account which would be of great interest to families and all their future generations. Our ancestry DNA test is an opportunity to look at that aspect of your ancestry which no family tree or public registry document can tell you, aspects that can only be discovered with a DNA test.